When you think about how stressful mornings are, the last thing a lot of us have time for is an elaborate beauty routine. Sometimes, it would just help to wake up effortlessly gorgeous, like that girl you know who seems to roll out of bed looking amazing all the time. How in the world does she do that?
Well, it’s easier than you think: glowing skin, pretty nails and tousle-and-go hair can be yours if you prep a little the night before. I’ve searched around and have gathered up the 411 on some awesome p.m. tips for the easiest a.m. beauty routines ever. Ready to wake up even more gorgeous than you are right now?
1. To keep your hands and nails looking flawless all winter long, use Jamberry’s Nourish, now available in an 8 oz. bottle. With a rich, creamy texture that promotes a feeling of luxury, this moisturizing hand crème will keep your skin looking soft, smooth, and nourished. Infused with Biotin and Aloe Vera, this lightly scented Shea Butter formula will leave your hands feeling pampered and refreshed.
2. Washing and conditioning your hair the night before can save you loads of time in the morning and style your hair while you sleep! My favorite product is the new Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Strong. It gives you the feeling of a salon deep conditioner in 3 minutes! TIP: Bring a large-toothed comb or a paddle brush in the shower to evenly distribute the product. Sing your favorite song and rinse! After loosely air or blow drying at night, put your hair in a bun and wake up with gorgeous waves!
3. For loose curls the next morning, apply dry shampoo at night to absorb excess oil in your hair, then put your hair in two braids on either side of your head and go to sleep. You’ll wake up with beautiful textured waves and a boost of extra volume. My favorite dry shampoo is Herbal Essence Naked.
4. Give yourself a mini-facial before you go to bed with a gentle cleanser on a Clarisonic brush. This will remove dead skin and make room for your skincare’s ingredients to travel deeper and work more effectively. Try Nivea Purifying Wash Gel. You’ll wake up with glowing skin, without a doubt.
5. You have to wash your face before you go to bed. NEVER go to bed with makeup on. Even if you don’t wear makeup, you have to wash the sweat, grime and pollution you pick up throughout your day before you go to sleep. Be sure to use the right moisturizer for your particular skin type so you maintain your skin’s vital moisture balance. I love using Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean.
6. Hydration is the key to beautiful skin! It’s super important to moisturize before bed, so use a beautiful, rich moisturizer to keep your face hydrated all night so you’ll wake up to soft, supple skin. Go for a special treatment around the eyes to help reduce puffiness – you’ll love how refreshed you’ll look as soon as you wake up! My favorite products are Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream.
If you use these tips, you’re guaranteed to wake up every morning feeling prettier and refreshed!